- Near the Sea
- Village / Rural
- Sports & activity
- Hot Tub
- Swimming Pool
- Air Con
- Cot / Highchair
- DVD player
- Internet Access
- Linen provided
- Log Fire
- Maid Service
- Washing Machine
- Beach within 30km
- Horse Riding
- Babysitting available
- Child Friendly
- Cook available
- Short breaks available
- Sea View
From 1st April 2019 to 30th April 2019
Available all April. Was 4900€, now 3900€.
HEATED POOL, Maid service 6 days a week, basic groceries, breakfast pack for first morning, personnal laundry, Concierge service 24/24...
Built in 1426 and classified by the Greek archaeological authorities as a historical monument, this luxuriously restored five bedroom Venetian villa in Crete is in the beautiful hillside village of Maroulas. It has wonderful sea views, a private heated pool and jacuzzi, giant cinema screen, is super family friendly, and is just 3km from a 17km sandy beach.
Maroulas is a quiet village situated in the hills above the city of Rethymno. It looks out to sea at 150m above sea level and surrounded by green valleys. The village has three tavernas, a coffee shop and a cheese factory. The main supermarket is 1.5km away. Maroulas is a charming place; wander through the maze of alleyways, stop to enjoy a coffee or a chat with the locals; this is your opportunity to discover local life!
3km from Maroulas is one of Crete’s longest sandy beaches (17km long). There are lots of other wonderful beaches in the vicinity. Visit the pottery village of Margarites and the Venetian monastery of Arkadi. Or you can swim in the Kournas lake in the foothills of the White Mountains. Rethymno is a 10 minute drive from villa Maroulas and is the third largest city in Crete. It is oozing cafes, tavernas and restaurants, and has a picturesque Venetian harbour. Wander through the narrow streets on market day to be plunged deep into the heart of traditional Cretan life.
Lots of airlines (charter and scheduled flights) fly into both Heraklion and Chania on a daily basis so you should have no trouble finding a flight. Alternatively you can sometimes find cheaper flights to mainland Greece and then take a train / bus / ferry to get to Crete.
Heraklion or Chania
Bay windows and high ceilings make up this beautifully restored villa. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso machine etc. The bedrooms are air conditioned. There is central heating and an open fire for the cooler months. The living room has satellite TV, and CD/DVD recorder. There is a telephone (incoming calls only) and free unlimited ADSL internet / wifi. The villa has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. There are two ground floor bedrooms, both king size, one of which is ensuite. Bedroom one has an independent entrance. There are three bedrooms on the first floor. One queen ensuite with wonderful sea views, one double and one family bedroom with one double and two single beds (with shared bathroom). Cots available on request - most bedrooms can accommodate them. The villa is extremely well equipped to cater for families with babies and small children, supplying plenty of toys and games to keep youngsters entertained.
Outside there is a spacious terrace with table and chairs, and BBQ. There is a private swimming pool (pool heating available at an additional cost).
In 1980, Maroulas was given heritage status for its historical monuments and some of its buildings, including Villa Maroulas. In Maroulas you can discover the remains of ancient tombstones dating back to antiquity, see two huge Venetian towers and a Byzantine church. During the first Venetian invasion, the middle class houses of Maroulas were used as second homes by the Rethymno nobility. Its sea facing position and narrow lanes are typical of fortifications of that era. In a later period, the Turks added architectural elements from Anatolia such as chimneys, wells, hammams and fountains.
Conditions of Rental
A deposit of 30% is required to confirm the booking. The remaining 70% is to be paid one month before arrival. A security deposit of €500 is to be paid on arrival. This will be refunded on the final day, minus the cost of any possible damages. Cleaning (six days a week) is included in the rent. Also included is a laundry service, wood for the fireplace, fresh food delivery service, first morning breakfast pack, air conditioning, central heating, electricity, internet, linen and towels. We can provide cots and highchairs on request. On request, we can also arrange the services of a chef, massages, babysitters, airport transfers, car rental, and tour guides.