- Sports & activity
- Air Con
- Internet Access
- Linen provided
- Beach within 30km
- Beach within walking distance
- Golf within 30km
Just moments from the banks of magical Lake Lugano, housed within a characterful 15th century building in the heart of the old town centre of picturesque Porlezza, this newly decorated apartment is the perfect bolthole in which to experience Italian waterside living.
The apartment is one of four flats in this historic building, all of which are spacious, open, comfortable and well-equipped. The house is located within the peaceful old quarter, where no cars are permitted, and Porlezza, in the north of Italy by the pristine Italian Alps, is a charming town characterised by red tiled roofs and an old church tower. Small and tranquil yet also bustling with life, Porlezza’s streets are full of cafes, restaurants, delicatessens, bakeries and delightful little shops. Not to mention the lively market that takes place in the streets every Saturday and the weekly antiques and handcrafts fair in the summer. These apartments boast a setting that is hard to beat.
The apartments are just a few steps from the waters of lovely Lake Lugano where you can swim, sunbathe or just stroll along the waterfront. The inviting lake and its beautiful Alpine backdrop are perfect for boating and sailing and picturesque medieval towns with their chapel bell towers are scattered all around, waiting to be toured and explored. Lake Como is just 12km away, Menaggio (a small town on the shores of Lake Como) boasts an 18 hole golf course and the unspoiled surrounding area (both Italian and Swiss) is rich with outdoor activities. Visit Lugano itself, 18km away, or travel a little further afield to Milan (85km).
Porlezza is just 20 minute drive (22 km) from Lugano airport, which offers connecting flights to Zurich, Frankfurt, Paris and Rome. It is possible to travel from Porlezza to Lugano by public transport, or you could rent a car and enjoy the scenic route. It is also possible to fly into Milan's International Airports (Malpensa/Linate/Bergamo), from where a car ride to Porlezza is just 2 hours. There are frequent trains from Milan to the nearby city of Como (35 minutes from Malpensa/Linate).
Plenty within walking distance
Lake Lugano, on your doorstep
Lots within walking distance
A marvellous Saturday market - clothes, food etc
Apartment 4 is located on the top floor of the building and has a spacious open plan interior that is divided into 2-3 levels connected by stairs. Modern architecture combines with the ancient roots of the building and the views throughout are magnificent - the kitchen and dining area overlook the lake, while the bedroom is dominated by the huge mountainous surroundings. This is the first thing you’ll see when you wake up in the morning! The apartment has one double bedroom, a mezzanine area with a sofa bed, a sitting area with a sofa bed, a dining area, a fully-equipped kitchen, a shower and a toilet. It also has Satellite TV and air conditioning.
No cars are permitted in the immediate vicinity of the apartments but there public car parks just 3 minutes away by foot.
Situated on the banks of the Italian side of Lake Lugano, at the heart of the beautiful Valsolda Valley, Porlezza is one of the pearls of the Lombardy region and living here allows you to enjoy both Italy and Switzerland at the same time. From spring to autumn the surrounding mountains are green and flowers blossom all around. Hikers and cyclists can explore flora and fauna and admire the views, churches are dotted all over the surrounding mountains, and along the promenade you can bathe, fish or drink coffee in one of the many waterfront cafes.
Conditions of Rental
A 25% deposit is payable upon making the reservation, with the remaining 75% payable up to 21 days before arrival. Cancellation policy: more than 45 days before arrival date - 25