Luxury Glamping in Roundhouse Aveleira with Pool in Marvao, Alentejo, Portugal
- Chalets / Lodges
- Village / Rural
- Horse Riding
- Ideal for honeymoons
- Other rental properties on site
In the heart of the stunning and unspoilt Alentejo region of Portugal you will find a pair of wonderful thatched roundhouses, set a few metres away from each other and with a pool - a place where you can let go of your worries and enjoy peace, privacy and proximity to nature. It’s a little corner of paradise. It's a perfect set up for couples, or if you want to book both, for two couples or a family with slightly older children, so adults can have one corkshack and children the other!
Built in the style of Portuguese medieval roundhouses, these unique conical thatched roof dwellings combine authentic wooden beams and ecological materials with luxurious modern comforts to provide a truly unusual place to stay. The two Corkshacks sit side by side and each one is made up of a 6.5m diameter decagon with the exterior walls covered in 100% cork, a natural thatched roof and a private 5x4m wooden deck. On site there is a gorgeous chlorine-free swimming pool where you can cool off after a day of exploring. And all around you is beautiful rural scenery, with abundant opportunities for walking, cycling, fishing, horse riding and more. The CorkShacks are as enchanting as they are memorable.
The ecolodges are located on a small quinta in the traditional Portuguese village of Escusa, with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the Monte Roxo hills. In the area you can go hiking, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing, hot air ballooning and wine tasting, and the peaceful picturesque town of Marvao, known for its cobbled streets and magnificent castle, is just a few minutes away. Kayaking and paddleboarding are also available nearby, and in Marvao you can book to go railbiking (on pedal powered machines along disused railroads). Self guide maps for walking and hiking are available or you could join a guided walking tour in the vicinity. Don’t miss the historic towns of Castelo de Vide, Portalegre, Évora and Estremoz, or the UNESCO World Heritage towns of Caçeres and Mérida.
Directions provided on booking
Cafe in Escusa - 30 metres / 1 min walk or restaurant in Portagem - 3.5km / 5 mins by car
Castelo de Vide - 3.6km / 5 mins by car
There are two dwellings, Castanheira and Aveleira, each of which is equipped with heating, air conditioning, bedding, a fully equipped bathroom and a kitchenette for preparing simple meals. Each Corkshack has a king size bed (Aveleira's can be be converted to a twin if required). WiFi access, Bluetooth speakers and a selection of books and games are included. On arrival you will receive a welcome treat.
Each roundhouse has its own private deck area where you can relax, sunbathe, barbecue and eat alfresco while taking in the views of the Monte Roxo hills. In the grounds there is an environmentally friendly chlorine free 11m x 3.5m swimming pool, and you will also find a restored traditional well and plenty of cherry, tangerine, fig, nut and olive trees providing shaded.
Conditions of Rental
No pets and no smoking. Check in from 4pm, check out by 11am. Minimum stay is 3 nights. No children under 12 please. Maximum two people per corkshack.To confirm a booking a deposit of 30% is required payable to the Paypal account indicated. The remaining balance of 70% will be due 30 days prior to arrival date. For bookings made within 30 days of arrival payment in full is required. Upon receipt of final payment you will receive a Welcome Guide including map references on how to get here and some useful information about the area.